Riccall Carnival 2016
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved with Riccall Canrival this year. The event was a huge success and we have various "thank yous" we'd like to give out.
To start with, all the carnival organisers, stall owners, and staff at the centre who helped make the carnival happen. They work hard to make sure everything is in place before and during the event.
Of course, we would also like to thank everyone in the community who attended, we really do love seeing the community come together. It makes everything worth it.
We would particularly like to thank those who supported Windmill Nursery by buying cakes and raffle tickets from their stall. They were able to raise £230 towards physical activity soft play equipment to help the children enhance their physical skills and develop their play. In turn we would also like to thank the following companies and people for kindly donating the following prizes:
- Sainsbury's in Selby for a £5 voucher
- Frankie & Benny's in Selby for two £10 vouchers
- Per Bacco Italian Restaurant & B/B in Riccall for a two-course meal voucher
- Morrisons in Selby for outdoor games
- Crown Garden Centre & Nursery for a hanging basket
- SPAR for a bottle of champagne
- Pets at Home in Pontefract for dog toys
- Eggborough Post Office for two bottles of wine
- Gemma A from nursery for childrens toys
- Emma from nursery for toiletries
- Brian at Firth Group for donating £150 towards the fund
Whilst we are at it, would also like to thank the following companies for donating raffle prizes for the children's graduation ceremony in August:
- York Audi for a £50 bear
- Halfords in Pontefract for a scooter
Finally we'd also like to thank Pauline from nursery for coordinating with everyone and organising all the prizes for both events.
We hope everyone enjoyed Riccall Carnival as much as we did. We look forward to next year!